If you’re shipping products to customers through an ecommerce retail model, you need confidence that they will arrive in optimum condition, without the risk of damage in transit. Most established protective packaging options, such as bubble wrap and polystyrene chips, are all plastic based and are mostly non-recyclable, so while they have proven their worth over many decades, government and consumer demand for more sustainable solutions have led many businesses to seek alternative options.
Are there any sustainable packaging systems that offer the same level of product protection as bubble wrap? Fortunately for ecommerce retailers, yes there is. A range of new protective paper systems are now available to fill void spaces and safeguard products in transit – with the added benefit of being 100% plastic-free and recyclable.
What is a protective paper system?
Eco-friendly void fill dispensers provide a cost-effective and rapid way to produce protective packaging materials, using only paper that is responsibly sourced and entirely recyclable and biodegradable.
These protective paper systems help businesses to achieve exceptional product protection at an affordable price, without the dangers to the environment posed by plastic or polymer alternatives.
How does a protective paper system work?
HexcelPack have developed a cost-effective alternative to Bubble Wrap that is eco-friendly and sustainable. HexcelWrap cushioning paper provides the same level of product protection as Bubble Wrap without the associated concerns about the impact on the environment and is suitable for a variety of packing and shipping applications.
HexcelPack utilises the ‘slit paper method’ to convert paper into three-dimensional packaging by making a series of precise cuts. This encourages the paper to flex around the packaged item, so that its volume expands to fill the void, without compromising on its strength or stiffness.
HexcelPack protective packaging at a glance!
- HexcelWrap is an interlocking web of hexagonal cells for superior product protection.
- Faster packing speeds, as no tearing or taping of packaging is required.
- Can be stored flat when not needed, reducing the amount of storage space required.
- Made entirely from sustainable and recyclable paper.
The benefits of a protective paper system
By transitioning to a protective paper system from plastic-based products, your business will benefit in several important ways:
1. Healthy Return on Investment (ROI): HexcelPack is broadly equivalent in price to plastic protective packaging and is more effective than some other ‘sustainable’ options, such as shredded card. So, with low operating costs and affordable materials, you can expect to recover your product costs quickly, while reducing the number of customer claims for refunds caused by damage during shipping.
2. Sustainability: With four-fifths of consumers stating they prefer to purchase from brands which can prove their commitment to sustainability, it’s important that your packaging is environmentally friendly.
3. Improved product protection: No one likes to receive products that have been damaged in-transit, so investing in a protective paper system will help to overcome the problem, reduce customer complaints, and save your team valuable time.
Contact Kudos Giftwrap to find out more
At Kudos Giftwrap, we stock a range of protective paper systems to provide a cost-effective, sustainable alternative to Bubble Wrap packaging.
Image Source: Unsplash